Milton Keynes & Rushden Counselling
MA Psychotherapy (University of Middlesex)
CPCAB Certificate (L2 Counselling Skills)
BA Hons. History (University of Sheffield)
PGCE (University of Bedfordshire)
Milton Keynes Counselling Contact Details
Tel: 01933358739 (Private office line with answer machine)
• Personal Summary • Philosophy • Therapeutic Model • Testimonials • Favourite Quotes •
I believe in the dignity and worth of all and that wellbeing, and personal growth and transformation is the fundamental goal of all people and that this is achieved through mindfulness, tolerance, self knowledge, self exploration, self acceptance and active personal development.
Spiritual Philosophy: Spiritualist
• Began counselling clients in February 2007
• Thousands of Client Counselling Hours
• Experience in counselling Young People and Adults both male and female, of differing social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Involved in Personal Development of Self and Others since 1997.
Counselling Agency Experience:
• NHS CABS (Northampton General Hospital: Child and Adolescent Bereavement Service)
• CRUSE: Northamptonshire CRUSE
Other Relevant Experience:
• Writes and Runs Personal Development Workshops.
Approach / Model:
• Integrative Jungian Psychotherapy
Governing Bodies and Membership:
• Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
• Member of the Society for Psychology and Healing (MSOPH)
• British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Suzanne is a fully qualified and indemnified Psychotherapist, and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, (MBACP). She has worked as a Therapist since February 2007 and subsequently has hundreds of clinical hours' experience working with a diverse range of clients, with a wide range of issues. Suzanne is also an enthusiastic and experienced adult and senior school teacher and has been teaching GCSE and A’Levels for over 15 years and as such is a highly skilled trainer and communicator. As part of Suzanne’s religious beliefs she is a fully trained CSNU Platform Medium providing comfort and spiritual guidance to the many congregations she serves.
Suzanne as a Person and a Therapist
Suzanne recognises Personal Development and Growth as key elements of Psychotherapy and thus aims to provide an environment for her clients in which free expression and self exploration and growth are unhindered or restricted by Judging, Rejection or Retaliation. Suzanne is an open, supportive, compassionate and understanding Psychotherapist who is capable of offering the most profound of insights. She offers her clients an opportunity to see themselves beyond the ordinary, their problems and insecurities and grasp at the possibility of being something new, uplifted, courageous and resilient and able to work through their most difficult of issues and fears.
Suzanne is an Integrative Jungian Psychotherapist; she has chosen to integrate a number of compatible Psychotherapeutic theories and practices into a cohesive and dynamic model of practice that allows her to work within each client’s individual frame of reference. Her model of practice is based on Jungian, post Jungian and Transpersonal theories which are compatible because she believes that a rounded and inclusive approach, rather that ‘reductionist’ methodology, is more congruent with a client’s true self and needs and conducive with the personal growth necessary to move beyond issues.